New Message: Apache SSL Serving Frontier Pages

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Feb 15 09:55:54 CST 2008

By: Mark Freden (Mark at rheinner.com)

Hey All,

I've set up an Apache secure server (open_SSL) and wanted to know how I can get to my Frontier/Manila pages thru it.

I have one machine running OS X.4, 2 IP addresses (let's say, Apache is 192.168.1.106:80 & Frontier is 107:8080).

First I tried the "wicked" old WebTen way to access .fcgis (http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$3150). It seemed to get to Frontier, but I couldn't access any script I had at the user.webserver.cgis table.

So then I tried Eric Soroos way using proxy (http://manila.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$2792) and didn't get any communication with Frontier at all. But, there was no clear explanation how to get to any scripts/pages using this way. Also I get "mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported" errors when using this way also. I'm assuming it's due to the virtual host in the main config file and it being in the user config file too - but, since I'm not an Apache guru, I don't know.

Anyway - if anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks,