New Message: User unable to post to Forum

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Jan 13 20:31:38 CST 2009

By: Bill (lists at whalesong.org)

Hello,

I have a registered user who has successfully logged on to my site, attempting to reply to a discussion forum item and she receives the following error.

Sorry! There was an error: Can’t evaluate the expression because the name “referer” hasn’t been defined.
The error was detected by Frontier 9.5 in mainResponder.respond.

She reports that this [apparently] happens when on her school network, but when she is at home [on a private ISP] she reports she IS able to post?

I can confirm that she has successfully posted before, but confirm the accuracy of her suggestion about Home vs Work?

Can anyone suggest how I could trouble shoot this?

Thanks.

Bill