New Message: Re: includeHttp Macro

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Jun 4 03:18:35 CDT 2009

By: Ben Collis (ben at dp.co.nz)

I could not see it in there so typed it in the Jump window and found the macro in

system.verbs.builtins.html.data.standardMacros.includehttp in frontier.root

is that right ?

it declares a variable as local (maxsize = 32767 ) I guess there is either an original constriiant to max the size at that which still stands (like the variable type allowed data range) or it was capped at that due to perceptions of internet badnwidth limitations way back in 2000.

Do you think I can clone this macro and make say a 100K limit on the amount of data returned by setting the value max to something like 99,999 ?