New Message: Re: includeHttp Macro

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Jun 4 18:41:52 CDT 2009

By: Ben Collis (ben at dp.co.nz)

Great .. I have successfully copied the macro and got it to work with a file over 64K in size. I kept the limit at 98K for the sake of keeping things reasoanble in case of erroneous use of the macro.

That worked excellently.

We quite often use IncludeHttp in conjuction with ?content-only=true. IncludeHttp builds a cached version of the required HTML and uses that cached version for speed - refreshing the cached version once an hour.

It also occurred to me that it would be desirable to have an aditional param on my IncludeHttp macro to specify the frequency of refreshing the cached version of the page. Thus causing less server activity (refreshing the cached version) when the cache need not be refreshed quite so often.

We have also used this in sites where data is dynamically built from AddedValues. The addedValues components can then be used to create some content (say a list of data ordered randomly). I can now schedulable that dynamic content in a way that hits the server less but still creates a randomly ordered list (e.g. once a day, once an hour or 4 times a day etc).

The old macro often had insufficient capacity.