New Message: Re: config.manila.prefs.gemsmaxfilenamelength

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat Jun 13 06:33:35 CDT 2009

By: Ben Collis (ben at dp.co.nz)

Tried increasing that (to 60) .. but has not changed things.

The maximum filename length my system can handle (to the left of the dot) is still 30. That size file loads fine.

1. If I load a doc with 31 chars to the left of the dot then the file does not load properly. A gem item in the list is created but it is to an invalid link. It does still load an item in #newssite.gems.data

2. If I ramp it up to a 40 char name file it does not load and does not even create a dud link in the gems list. It does still load an item in #newssite.gems.data

So I am guessing that the config.manila.prefs.gemsmaxfilenamelength value is read at site setup and then saved somewhere in the individual site prefs ?

Is that the case ?