New Message: /index page and simlar causing Frontier Server Error

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sun Mar 22 06:02:01 CDT 2009

By: Ben Collis (ben at dp.co.nz)

I notice that the path

 http://www.userland.com/index

 http://www.userland.com/index.html

on any Manila site causes an error. Furthermore on several sites I have noticed (including my own server setup) the same error would occur additionally on paths similar like

 /in

 /ind

 /inde

 /index.htm

while other similar paths will just be handled by whatever 404 handler there is .. or isn't.

 /din

 /dind

 /dinde

 /dindex

 /dindex.htm

Is this something that has been looked at before .. and if so which release ?

Can the issue be totally solved ?

I mentioned this to David Bayley and he pointed out where he believes the issue is manilasuite.heirarchypage. I will send you (Lawrence) an email with that extract.

Cheers