New Message: Bulk search and replace

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Mar 25 01:17:37 CDT 2009

By: Ben Collis (ben at dp.co.nz)

I use the Frontier Find and Replace function to make changes in sites on occasion.

E.g. some dud lines in HEAD of template referencing a non existent CSS file.

Or .. if renaming the URL of a site and making sure all old instances of the domain are changed to the new one.

Can anyone confirm, when you open a root and then do a find/replace .. does the find/replace only apply to the currently selected website in the root ? ... or should it apply to all ? (e.g. if you select all) ?

Also ... I really want to have a rename occur accross all websites in all roots. I guess this might be possible with a script .. but not as things stand ?