New Message: Display All Stories macro ?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat May 16 05:16:12 CDT 2009

By: Ben Collis (ben at dp.co.nz)

As sites get big it becomes very difficult to use the Stories page to locate a particular story. The stories page only shows 20 stories per page. I have some sites with more than 20 pages of stories. Finding a particular story is difficult.

Would be good if the Stories page could behave like the Stats/Members page.

I.E. ..... if you go to the stats/members page you can request a specific member start page and the number of members to show ..

E.G. http://manila.userland.com/stats/members?s=1&c=100 (start no is member 1 and count of member records returned is 100).

But sadly this is not possible to display stories

http://macros.userland.com/stories/?s=21&c=100 (does not make any difference .. same as http://macros.userland.com/stories/?s=21 (as only the start number parameter is actioned).

It would be handy it if was possible to build a macro that would simply display all stories (as does the stories page) but with no break at 20 stories per page.

Has anyone already built such a thing ?

Would it be possible to release that as a new official Manila macro ?

NB: The same would apply to Pictures page. Also difficult to see all of those in one hit.