New Message: Re: Twitter Widget not Loading on Page?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Nov 20 01:39:20 CST 2009

By: Ben Collis (ben at dp.co.nz)

Your problem is that Manila has turned the squiggly brackets (inside the script functions) into { chars. I guess because they are reserved for macro use and so on.

I think I have got around this sort of thing before by creating a Manila macro myself (a macro who's output is the script code you want to use). By passing a parameter to it (in this case your twitter page id) you make it. You could also have parameters for the colours and styling used in that script.

There is possibly a more simple way of getting Manila to respect the squiggly brackets into { used in script extracts like this. Lawrence would be able to say.