New Message: Re: ViewRssBox macro not refreshing news feeds

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Sep 25 18:41:30 CDT 2009

By: Ben Collis (ben at dp.co.nz)

I just checked on the test page I did which was getting a feed from an external site.

That works fine.

It is showing an up to date feed as of right now (2 days after the first setup).

So the issue seems to be with taking the update from another Manila site on my server.

Do you think it's worth testing from an external Manila site feed ? is there one on the Userland site I can check ?

I don't think your point about checking the section ....

 if defined (adrincache^) //see if we don't have to read it

.. applies here.

The script always sets the expire time 1 hour in the future (despite not picking up the latest changes) which means the script has processed past the point of comparing expire time with current time w and must be executing the steps lower down.

It sets the time expires in the future but is not actual getting the latest actual feed.