Error with ViewRssBox() macro

Jim Byrne j.byrne at gcal.ac.uk
Fri Dec 7 01:25:32 PST 2001

Hi,

I get the following error when trying to use the ViewRssBox()
macro:

Macro error: Can't evaluate the expression because the name
"channelLink" hasn't been defined.

The line that seems to be generating the error is in the script
xml.rss.viewRssBox:

local (adrincache = @user.xml.rss.cache.[url])

user.xml.rss.cache.[url] is a table with the same name as my rss
ews2.xml

The table contains - among other things error messages:

top level of the table there is an entry called error with the value:

Can't get the address of "rss" because the table doesn't have an
object with that name.

In a table called xmlstruct there is an entry called error with a
value:

Assignment over existing script object "url" is not allowed.
Delete the object first, or use table.assign to override protection.

Has anyone came up with a solution for this?

Thanks,
Jim

--
Jim Byrne Project Director, The Making Connections Unit, Glasgow Caledonian
University, Glasgow G4 OBA, 0141 331 3893

Everything you need to know about publishing accessible information on the
Web.

The Making Connections Unit: http://www.mcu.org.uk/

Scottish Disability Information Mailing list: