Proxy/Firewall Problem (still working on it)

Carl Robert Blesius crb at uni-hd.de
Mon Dec 10 18:00:25 PST 2001

After a long Manila vacation due to another project I am back on to my
original problem.

The most helpful message I received is below...
which made me realize I am most likely dealing with a feature and not a
bug. Problem is I do not know how to use this feature yet.

Basically I need to set up a domain name forwarding service so it points
to the root web of my IP address, but I get an AllowDirectoryListings
Error when I try to access the address
from over the proxy (which does not happen when the IP is entered).

http://prototype.uni-hd.de points to http://129.206.94.200

So here is what I have in cofig.mainresponder.domains:

129.206.94.200 (which points to createASiteManilaWebsite and works fine)
and
default C:\\Frontier\Guest Databases\www\

when I add a test forwarding proxy it give the AllowDirectoryListings
Error when I want it to point at the same
createASiteManilaWebsite that is shown when the IP alone is entered.

So to make the whole thing concrete...

what do I need to enter in config.mainresponder.domains
to get the server to spit out the createASiteManilaWebsite?

http://www.prototype.uni-hd.de
subsites seem to work just fine...
http://www.prototype.uni-hd.de/heidelberg

A Greenhorn in Heidelberg looking for some help.

Thanks,
Carl

On Montag, November 26, 2001, at 09:05  Uhr, frontier-users-
request at userland.com wrote:

> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 07:45:38 -0500
> To: Frontier-Users at userland.com
> From: Ken Dow <Me at KenDow.Com>
> Subject: Re: Proxy/Firewall/WWW-Alias -> allowDirectoryListings must be
>  true E 	rror
>
>> The IP alone (either internal or external) will show the
>> "allowDirectoryListings must be true Error" however the IP
>> number/SubSite/
>> combo will work. The name will work either for the root site or for a
>> sub
>> site.
>
> You need an IP address entry in config.mainresponder.domains
> (http://frontier.userland.com/stories/storyReader$195). The entry can
> point to a specific Manila site table address or it can be a site
> tree (http://frontier.userland.com/stories/storyReader$4533) .
> Without a matching IP entry or subsequent path to go on, Frontier
> will walk the entire table and then try the default entry, which
> points to the www folder. If there's a path specified after the IP,
> Frontier will look for matches in the config.manila.sites table (and
> config.mainresponder.sites). HTH.
>
> --
> Regards,

                 Carl Robert Blesius