Story isn't a story anymore (after moving manila site)

Aadjan van der Helm A.vanderHelm at io.tudelft.nl
Mon Oct 15 05:28:28 PDT 2001

Hi,

In the process of a site restructure we renamed a manila site (we did
do uninstall, rename, install).

We now have a number of stories that when requested with an url
ending in: .../stories/storyReader$67, give an error in the browser
eg,
Sorry! There was an error: Can't display story 67 because it doesn't exist.

When we view the story with .../discuss/msgReader$67 it DOES show up
in the discuss template. After we check the "make this message a
story?" button and press submit, we can once again access the story
through urls ending in .../stories/storyReader.

We have the same problem with pictures...

What happened?

How can we easily fix the broken stories (without going though the
routine of checking and submitting for every story and picture)?

How can we prevent this in the future?

Thanks,
--Aadjan