config.mainresponder.debugLog error

Lohnes, Sarah slohnes at jaguar.middlebury.edu
Sat Oct 20 09:51:29 PDT 2001

Hi all,

Can anyone decipher the following error message?

"Can't save the database because there was an error packing
config.mainResponder.debugLog.21820000
7:56:48 AM.00008000"

Frontier has been up and down on us for the past few days - we're running on
OS 10.1 on a dual processor G4.  We first thought we'd narrowed the problem
down to low disk space - it appeared as though all of the backup files that
Frontier generates were eating up a gig each night.  So, a few days ago we
deleted some of the older backup files to free up some disk space.  Last
night Frontier was down again, but when I tried to restart the machine I was
confronted with the above error message.  I didn't want to force quit the
app for fear that I would lose some data, so I left it as is.  Frontier was
down again this morning, and I got the same error again as I tried to
restart the machine.

I should clarify "Frontier is down" - what I actually mean is that sites
running on Frontier aren't accessible from the web.  Every time this happens
and I check the server, the machine is still running, and so is the Frontier
app - uninterrupted, from the status message info.

A little more background - we recently updated the machine from OS 10.0.4 to
OS 10.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sarah

Sarah Lohnes