FW: config.mainresponder.debugLog error (Mac OS X)

Eric Soroos eric-ul at soroos.net
Sat Oct 20 11:19:19 PDT 2001

> "Can't save the database because there was an error packing
> config.mainResponder.debugLog.21820000
> 7:56:48 AM.00008000"

It's database corruption, probably from trying to save the database on
a full drive (or from running out of memory if it wasn't osx. )

You have three options.

1) Try saving a copy of the database from the file-> save a copy menu.
2) restore the database from a good backup.
3) Attempt to repair the database by deleting the
config.mainresponder.debugLog table and save a copy. if that doesn't
work, your last option is to try table.jettison (I think that's the name) and
immediately save a copy.

If those don't work, you'll have to rebuild the file.

Incidentially, you probably don't want
config.mainresponder.prefs.fldebug on, since writing to config.root
often tends to encourage this sort of problem. You might also want to
modify the backup procedure to only keep one days worth of backups
around.

hth

eric