config.mainresponder.debugLog error

Samuel Reynolds samuel_reynolds at csgsystems.com
Mon Oct 22 10:45:50 PDT 2001

[SNIP]
> Do you have any other
> suggestions for
> maintaining disk space so this doesn't happen again?
>
> Sarah

If you do nightly backups (generally a good idea except
for the disk usage issue), you could plug in a script to
"compact" the backup set, or even to copy and compress
them to another server or tape. The key location is
config.mainresponder.callbacks.nightlyBackup--any script
you install here will be invoked by
mainResponder.background.everyNight after it copies the
changed files in [Frontier folder]\Guest Databases\ops\backups\
(or whatever other backup folder is specified by
config.mainresponder.prefs.backupFolder).

If you like, I can send you my MergeBackups script, that keeps
only the most recent backups of the files in the directory
specified by config.mainresponder.prefs.backupFolder (merges
them into a date-stamped folder). You could use this as a
starting point, and copy the resultant dated folder out to
long-term backup. My installation is not very busy, so I
run it manually every couple of weeks.

A simple script in config.mainresponder.callbacks.nightlyBackup
that calls this MergeBackups script (or a similar one) would
limit the size of your Frontier backups folder automatically.

- Sam