file.exists & aliases

Ken Dow Me at KenDow.Com
Tue Sep 18 05:32:12 PDT 2001

On my Mac OS X machine, file.exists returns false if there is an
alias in the path. For example, in this path:

	Buffy:Applications (Mac OS
X):Frontier:www:system:upstream:Private Sites:distributor

Private Sites is an alias to a folder. If I enter that path into the
Finder's Go command, it is correctly resolved and the distributor
folder is displayed. But

	file.exists("Buffy:Applications (Mac OS X):Radio
UserLand:www:system:upstream:Private Sites:distributor")

Returns false. Is this expected? Does it work the same way with
shortcuts on Windows? TIA.

--
Regards / Ken

Online Introduction to Manila Course: Oct 8, Nov 5, Dec 3
http://www.kendow.com/manilacourses.html

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
- Derek Bok