Radio Userland review

Seth Dillingham seth at macrobyte.net
Wed Dec 11 05:30:33 PST 2002

On 12/11/02, Bruce Cornett said:

>This brings up the question of how do we as Manila hosting services
>take advantage of Radio.  Is there some sort of Integration Kit that
>allows us to modify a Radio distribution so that it points to our
>machines by default. I remember spending half an hour digging around
>in Radio to point it to my own server.  I don't think I could easily
>explain that to your garden variety blogger.

It's fairly straight forward to point an existing Radio installation
at your own community server, but it's a bit more work to produce
custom Radio installers (which UserLand allows) for distribution which
automatically link up to your own server.

I'm speaking from experience here, as I just recently did this for
Harvey Kirkpatrick at iTown (http://www.itown.com/).

Not saying it's exceptionally difficult, but it's time consuming.
Takes a lot of "practice runs" on all three platforms (Win, MacOS,
OSX).

Seth