Searching a Manila site

Terri Phifer webmaster at empower.org
Fri Dec 6 11:05:17 PST 2002

IMHO It is going to be difficult, if not impossible for you to remove
pages from the results after the index has already been created. You
would have to go through each word on every page you want to be excluded
and remove the references in search.root.

You should check out John VanDyk's excellent MetaData plugin which
includes a search function. It will easily accomplish what you want.
Create a metatype such as includeInSearchResults to make pages
"searchable" or not. Even though all the pages will be indexed, only the
ones that have includeInSearchResults=true will show up in the results.

John has the documentation on his site.

Terri Phifer