Upgrade to Frontier 9 (on Mac OS X) Partial Failure

Michael 'Mickey' Sattler michael at GeekTimes.com
Mon Dec 16 22:41:36 PST 2002

At 22:06 -0800 12/16/2002, Lawrence Lee wrote:

>...If you delete the Frontier folder (uninstall), there shouldn't be any other
>settings left on your machine.

Hmmm. On my machine I delete the folder, drag over a clear one, fire
it up, and watch as it runs through some steps, ending with checking
that root.update.preferences exists. Then it just sits there.

No web page, no request for serial number, no request for my initials, etc.

Nada.

Maybe I'll try to download the upgrade package, and see if that gives
more satisfaction.

Michael "Mickey" Sattler, Geek Times   <mailto:michael at GeekTimes.com>
San Francisco, California, USA    <http://www.GeekTimes.com/michael/>

AIM: "SF Geek" <--- trying to see whether it's worthwhile to keep on

I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here
and there. -- Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988)