Upgrade to Frontier 9 (on Mac OS X) Partial Failure

Michael 'Mickey' Sattler michael at GeekTimes.com
Mon Dec 16 22:56:01 PST 2002

Using the upgrader, I get a tiny dialog error which shows nothing
more than the file path of a guest database in the 8.0.5 folder. I
click Okay to continue; I wonder what it was trying to say.

Then I get the error "could not find the sub-table "sites"", just as
a brower window pops up saying "It Worked!" Sigh. So I continue.

I get a dialog telling me that port-forwarding failed. Okay.

Then I get two requests for username/password from the browser.
Giving my credentials causes nothing to happen. Sigh.

Michael "Mickey" Sattler, Geek Times   <mailto:michael at GeekTimes.com>
San Francisco, California, USA    <http://www.GeekTimes.com/michael/>

AIM: "SF Geek" <--- trying to see whether it's worthwhile to keep on

I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here
and there. -- Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988)