Upgrade to Frontier 9 (on Mac OS X) Partial Failure

sdevore at mac.com sdevore at mac.com
Tue Dec 17 07:15:14 PST 2002

Remember that when it is asking for your username and password when it
is setting up port forwarding it is asking for an admin password for
the system( at the os level), when it is asking you for a username and
password to login to the admin site, it wants the user email and
password that you used when setting up your copy of frontier.   You
might look at the frontier on os x faq (
http://frontier-osx.userland.com/directory/446 ) I am sorry that is
seems to be in such a disarray right now, I am working on a cleaner
version and should have it done soon.

Couple of things to remember, frontier is VERY sensitive to moving to
new locations, if the file path changes at all things will break.  Your
error makes me think that there is either corruption in your
config.root file, or it is in the wrong location or it doesn't exist.

As far as the port forwarding, you might look at doing that with an
item in /Library/StartupItems/ so that it happens at every start up.

Sam D

Samuel C. DeVore    sdevore at teachesme.com
www.TeachesMe.com
Because if you are not managing your content...
Who is?
See us for content management for teachers/schools/students