Frontier Discussion Group Macros?

Brian V Hughes brianvh at Dartmouth.EDU
Tue Dec 17 10:46:36 PST 2002

I haven't looked through the code in a while... After a quick look, it
appears as though the script/macro you want too look at is:
manilaSuite.discuss.defaultPage

Find the code block that begins with if not
pta^.flPrintFriendlyTemplate, expand it all the way and you will see
the code for placing the "New Topic" link.

The best way, IMHO, to go about learning the flow of Manila sites/pages
is to start with a Manila site table open in Frontier and that same
Manila site open in the browser. Use the browser URL to point you at
the web site table object, open that object and start reading the code.
As you read you will find yourself cmd/cntrl 2-clicking to go deeper
into manilaSuite which is where all the code lives. Or, at least, all
the Manila specific code that sometimes needs to make direct calls into
mainResponder.discuss and mainResponder.calendar...

-Brian