Change formatting of edit forms?

David A. Bayly dbayly at udena.ch
Thu Dec 19 08:49:03 PST 2002

Jim wants to add attributes like id = "xxx" to form field elements.
metadata doesn't allow that (I wrote the custom form scripts). He's
actually raised an important question about accessibility of forms
generated by Manila.  His preferred layout if I undertstodd him is

<label id = "foo">Foo</label><input type = 'text' id = 'foo'  name =
"meta_foo'  ...>

The point being that the id value helps associate the text Foo with
the  form element whose postarg name will be foo (or meta_foo).

This needs changes to metadata and is a great idea for the next version .

--

- David Bayly.       Programmer and digest reader.     dbayly at udena dot ch
  		Digest Readers do it once a day.