Making Dialogs in Frontier

Helmut Jäcklein hjaecklein at vogel-druck.de
Tue Jul 30 04:58:13 PDT 2002

Sam DeVore schrieb:

> On 7/29/02 12:39 PM, "Helmut Jäcklein" <hjaecklein at vogel-druck.de> wrote:
>
> > Hello list!
> >
> > I am still looking for a good method to make Dialogs in Frontier.
> > "DialogDirector" made by Christopher E. Hyde
> > <http://www.hylight.demon.co.uk/DialogDirector/>
> > would be great. But when i try it out after loading its osax, i earn
> > "MacOS Error 6500" only.
> >
> > Has somebody experiences about this kind of osax?
>
> No I haven't but if you are working in os x I don't think that osax support
> is built into the os x version of frontier.  If you want to do dialogs you
> might want to look at mac bird (you can still build the dialogs in os 9 and
> run them in os x and 9)    http://macbird.userland.com/  Though these days
> you might want to consider using a browser interface for x-platform issues.
>
> Sam D

You are right. I should look forward. In my case i tried to create a small
LogIn Dialog with macbird and failed on the textfield option "Hide text
with bullets".
Reading from this field i certainly get bullets instead of the written text.
Thats not what i want. Is there a possibility to construct a right
working
password field in macBird?

Regards
Helmut