Background rendering of a web page for email

Mike Myers myersm at optonline.net
Tue Mar 12 13:12:18 PST 2002

On 3/12/02 2:59 PM, "Brian V Hughes" <brianvh at Dartmouth.EDU> wrote:

> If, instead, you want to "render" the page, and use the rendered HTML
> is some other manner, then you want to call html.buildObject. The
> cool thing about buildObject is you don't need to actually create the
> page table, as long as you have a local variable in the script whose
> address you can pass into buildObject. However, if you want to
> pre-populate some directives, then use the new () script to create
> the page table variable, and place whatever directives you want into
> it.

Thanks Brian, I had forgotten about buildObject(). I will take that route,
and pre-populate some directives into my custom page table. I hope the
default settings generated by buildPageTable() will suffice.

My script creates the HTML comprising the body of the page, does that string
go into 'responseBody' of the page table?