Background rendering of a web page for email

Brian V Hughes brianvh at Dartmouth.EDU
Tue Mar 12 13:22:05 PST 2002

--On 03/12/2002, Mike Myers wrote:
>Thanks Brian, I had forgotten about buildObject(). I will take that route,
>and pre-populate some directives into my custom page table.

Good.

>I hope the default settings generated by buildPageTable() will suffice.

They aren't "default setting", it's the same settings that would be
used if you did a Preview Page or Publish Page from the Web menu on
the object.

>My script creates the HTML comprising the body of the page, does that string
>go into 'responseBody' of the page table?

In the normal rendering process, 'responseBody' is created by calling
html.buildObject. So I think that means I should answer "yes" to your
question, but I'm not sure. What you will get back from calling
html.buildObject is a complete HTML page from <html> to </html>, not
just the <body>...</body>.

-Brian