Inserting into XML tables at arbitrary points

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Sat Mar 23 09:56:09 PST 2002

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:02:04 -0800, Bill Humphries <whump at apple.com> said:

>I'm working the problem of inserting a new XML table element into an
>existing XML table at any arbitrary position.

I have always had on hand a verb Move Up which moves an XML item upwards in
its table by swapping the numeric prefixes of itself and its predecessor.
So what I do is to create the new table element at the end and then just
successively move the new element up into its correct position. m.
--

matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt
pantes gar anthropoi tou eidenai oregontai phusei