domain/IP + server problem

Paul Welty 1pwelty at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 28 11:59:04 PST 2002

Ken,

Thank very much for your reply and the suggestion.

I should say first of all that I have no idea how to get the port
forwarded. I remember Frontier doing this once automatically
when I re-did the setup, but I can't figure out how to get it to do it
again (save reinstalling).

But, I tried to test this by going to port 8080. If the domain is
working (I checked again using FileMaker on port 81), should I get
something at 8080? Well, I didn't. Same problem, viz. browser just
sits there and eventually times out.

So, one the one hand it might not be port forwarding and on the
other hand I don't know how to fix it if it is.

Might someone have another idea? :)

Paul