domain/IP + server problem (moreinfo)

Paul Welty pjwelty at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 29 05:04:52 PST 2002

Since I'm otherwise dead in the water on this, I tried 2 more things.

1. Completely clean re-installed Frontier. Fresh copy, new setup and all
that, using the domain name (not the IP address). It did ask for the
password to do its port forward. But, it didn't work, viz. setup process
seems to hang up before the "it worked" shows up and browser reports
"connection failure". But, this is what I expected.

2. Completely clean re-installed Frontier, using the IP ADDRESS (not the
domain name). Didn't work in exactly the same way. But, this is NOT what I
expected. For, this exact process worked 2 days ago. But, now it doesn't.

So, it looks like things are going backwards.

My _only_ idea at this point is that something isn't getting set correctly
in the setup process and this is preventing Frontier functioning. But, I
have no idea what this is, even after search the archives and poking around
in all the various tables in Frontier itself.

As usual, any help is appreciated.

Paul