Search engine not working again

Michael Fraase mfraase at farces.com
Tue Apr 30 21:26:05 PDT 2002

Okay, I'm convinced this is a bug. The search engine is building the
index. The search engine actually queries the index and retrieves hits
(according to the Control Panel Read Out). The search engine DOES NOT
DISPLAY THE HITS.

WHAT I DID
Deleted the subtable entries on the XML Site Tree.

WHAT I EXPECTED
Didn't have a clue. Every time Frontier starts going whacko on me, it's
usually been related to the XML Site Tree.

WHAT HAPPENED
The search engine actually displayed results for about an hour or so.
Then Frontier crashed. I restarted Frontier. Frontier crashed again
after about an hour or so. After two or three restarts, Frontier had
rebuilt the subtable in the XML Site Tree and the search engine quit
returning results again.

The choice between having either a stable Frontier or a search engine
that works is unacceptable.

I suspect I need to add some sort of entry in the XML Site Tree for the
search engine, but I don't have a clue as to what.

Anyone have any ideas?

--
Michael Fraase, partner
ARTS & FARCES LLC