[OFF TOPIC] CSS text-align property

Eric Soroos eric-ul at soroos.net
Wed May 15 11:21:33 PDT 2002

On Wed, 15 May 2002 14:03:22 -0400 in message
<5.1.0.14.2.20020515140259.0272c5f0 at email.wc.cc.va.us>, David
Carter-Tod <wccartd at wcc.vccs.edu> wrote:
> At 02:05 PM 5/15/2002 -0400, Mike Myers wrote:
> >I'm preparing to release a new Frontier-driven web app within our
intranet.
> >But I'm still struggling with browser-dependent interpretation of
> >stylesheets.
>
> NS 4.x or 6.x?
>
> If 4.x, I'd just give up!

Well there are a few options.

1), Don't support NS4.x at all. You're seeing why that's an attractive
option. And depending on policies, you may be able to make them
change.
2) If you have to support NS4, serve them a different style sheet. You've
got a dynamic server, put it to use. And make the colors awful, so that
they switch to something a little more modern.
3) Give up on supporting NS4 except as a accssability option. Give
them a stylesheetless bit of content.

eric