Where are macro errors recorded?

Jake Savin jake at userland.com
Mon May 20 19:26:31 PDT 2002

Hi Michael,

logMacroErrors is not case-sensitive, so that's not the problem.

I did the following in my installation of Frontier 7.1, and was able to
log macro errors:

1) Set user.html.prefs.logMacroErrors to true. (Create this value if it
doesn't already exist.)

2) Set user.log.prefs.flLogToGuestDatabase to true.

When a macro error occurs, it will be recorded in the daily log database,
in a sub-table named htmlMacroErrors.

You could log to an outline if you want by setting
user.log.prefs.flLogToOutline to true, but over time, this will slow
things down as the outline grows. Outline-based logs are never cleared out
automatically -- you'll have to do that by hand.

-Jake