forms

Bruce Cornett bcornett at servlet.com
Thu Nov 21 09:18:35 PST 2002

List Folks

Well, it looks like there is no such thing readily available in
Manila/Frontier 9.  Or if it is, I am unable to find it.

There is interesting behavior if you simply create the form in a Manila
"story."  The form acts like it will work - and in fact it does POST and
call the script running on another server.  But it does not pass the form
values with it (at least it did not do so calling a perl script on a Apache
server for me).  The page also hides the <Form> tag so that it is not
available anymore for editing.   I presume it is in the table.

I found some old references (98-99 version 4.x) to using XML to replace
perl, etc. And some references to third party plugins, along with  some
references that seem to apply to older versions and not Version 9.

I presume the absence of comments means there is no answer to this - or
folks think I am out of line for bringing it up.

Regards

Bruce C