CGI Framework broken in v9.0

Andreas Hellström andreas.hellstrom at fmcc.se
Tue Nov 26 00:38:43 PST 2002

I post this bug report here on the list since my last five or so bug reports
don't seem to get any attention when posted to the discussion group or
frontier-bugs at userland.com.

(Frontier verison 9.0, Windows 2000)

webserver.handler() has changed from (at least) v7.0.1. In the earlier
version it checked for [1] when building the page, in the current version it
checks for [2].

[1] if sys.os () != "MacOS" -> build page
[2] case sys.os { "WinNT"...}

The problem is that the "WinNT" clause is empty. Normally, this would be
catched by the next code line [3], but that verb, getLanguage(), returns the
empty string when input is a valid UserTalk script.

[3] case script.getLanguage (adrscript)

I do not want to mess with the system verbs on my own. Any chance this will
be fixed soon?

Andreas Hellström