Locked Out

kthomas kthomas at siu.edu
Tue Sep 3 13:01:52 PDT 2002

Boy am I in a pickle. I'm totally locked out of every manila site and
I've got about 20 stories to get on line.

On friday I moved three manila sites to their own database, they were
originally in ManilaWebsites.root. I simply wanted them to be "on their
own" to make it easier to back them up.

I followed the procedure here...
http://frontier.userland.com/stories/storyReader$4599
  it seemed to work but I didn't realize at the time that none of our
editors could access any sites. Including me who setup and is managing
editor for every site on our server. Old sites that I didn't touch, I
have no access.

All I can access is the control panel. (fyi - we are using group
membership.) i turned this off, then on and it didn't help.

I've noticed that the create a site does not display the "make a site"
form. http://newshound.de.siu.edu
and instead gives the message "this isn't a Manila hosting site."

I found this... http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$10377
but everything looks good (to me) at config.manila.hosting. oddly
enough, the quickscript does not work and returns an error that it
can't find manilaWebsites.root, which is open.

I can view all the members in createASite so they were not lost, just
some link.

This info seems relevant...

  Manila hosting:

       default:
          baseDomain: newshound.de.siu.edu
          canonicalSiteName: createASiteManilaWebsite
          flEditorsOnlyCreateSites: true
          flSubSites: true
          flUseHostingSiteMembershipGroup: true

Manila prefs (config.manila.prefs):

       baseUrl: http://newshound.de.siu.edu/
       flDiscussAllowEmailSubscriptions: true
       flFrontierServesDownloadedSites: false
       flGemsEnabled: false
       flLogThemesLoader: true
       flRadioHostingEnabled: false
       flSendUpdateNoticesToUserLand: false
       flSiteDownloadsEnabled: false
       flStaticRenderingEnabled: true
       flWritePicturesToStaticServer: false
       flXmlSitesReport: true
       gemsFolder:
       gemsLimit: 1024000
       gemsMaxFileNameLength: 31
       gemsUrl:
       hostingGdbName: manilaWebsites.root

    fall02.root:
          f: disk:Frontier:Guest Databases:www:fall02.root
          openOnStartup: true
          runStartupScript: false
          supportsIndexing: true
          supportsSubscribe: false
     manilaWebsites.root:
          f: disk:Frontier:Guest Databases:www:manilaWebsites.root
          openOnStartup: true
          runStartupScript: false
          supportsIndexing: true
          supportsSubscribe: false