Locked Out

kthomas kthomas at siu.edu
Wed Sep 4 11:27:32 PDT 2002

Thanks Sam!

I went to config.manila.hosting and the correct value
"CreateASiteManilaWebsite" was already in place.

I went to the Control Panel and created a new site "fubar", I could not
login to fubar as an editor, I do not get the editors only menu or the
EDIT THIS PAGE button. I pasted fubarManilaWebsite in the
canonicalSiteName and nothing changed. Going to the root,
http://newshound.de.siu.edu is the same site.

I went back to the control panel and turned off "Share a membership
group with the hosting site?" nothing changed.  I created another new
site fubar2 and I can (Ta-Da!) edit it. The hosting form Macro does not
work on the new site.
http://newshound.de.siu.edu/fubar2/
  Yes, I changed the value for canonicalSiteName to fubar2ManilaWebsite.

I cannot "go back to your original hosting site and remove the
createSiteForm macro from that site" because I'm not recognized as an
editor at any sites other than fubar2.

http://newshound.de.siu.edu still points to the same site, not fubar2.

/kt