Blank home page, no edit button

Nicklin, Kelly nicklink at ops.org
Fri Sep 6 12:51:20 PDT 2002

Kirk's suggestion got me closer, but it took a little more work. The home
page was still blank. I ended up turning the "message" into a story and then
changing the home link in the navigator to point to the new story.

Just in case this happens to somebody else, here's what worked for me:
As Kirk suggested:
> Login to the site
> Go to the Discuss section
> Use the calendar to back up as far as you can so that you can locate the
> story
> Click on the link for the story to view it
Then,
  Choose "Make this message a story?" at the bottom of the page.
  Go to Stories and copy the full URL of the new story.
  Prefs - Advanced - Navigation and in <item name="Home"
pagename="/sitename/"/> replace /sitename/ with the URL that was copied
above.

I have no idea how the person lost her home page in the first place (and I
hope nobody looses another one), but the above procedure worked in this
case.

Thanks to Kirk and others for their suggestions. I appreciate the time and
help!

Mr. Kelly Nicklin
Technical Training/Web Development
Information Management Services