RCS Crashing Frontier?

Pat Ritchie flashblade at videotron.ca
Thu Sep 19 05:41:27 PDT 2002

Hi,

> It probably didn't stop logging, but the log only gets saved to disk
> after adding a certain number of entries. This number defaults to 100
> and can be specified at user.log.prefs.addsBetweenSaves.
>
> So 1:13am is just the time when the log was last saved to disk.

Ok. Should I lower the value to get a better idea of when Frontier stops
responding?

> >I changed the interval on the backup to 20 minutes to see if the
> >crash will happen at a different time.
>
> If it keeps crashing, the first thing I would do is check whether
> your RadioCommunityServerData.root got corrupted.

It's fine, it's also tiny :)

> You can test for this by bringing RadioCommunityServerData.root
> window to front and selecting the Save A Copy command from the File
> menu. Depending on how much data the file contains, this may take a
> couple of minutes and Frontier will be unresponsive during that time.
>
> If you don't get an error message, the file should be fine.

I checked every single GDB because I recently started getting a "random"
internal database error from Frontier. My index.root is corrupted... so
i'm getting the error when it tries to index a page for the search
engine.

Thanks!
Pat