New Message: Frontier chrashing up to 100 times an hour

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Aug 4 10:07:54 PDT 2003

By: Tom Fuerstner (tom at fuerstner.at)

hi,

i'm completely frustrated. some days ago frontier started to crash several times a day. now it doesn't stop crashing any more.

we use a simple script to restart frontier automatically but this is just a work-around.

we are also serving our pictures from a different machine and we have already replaced all root-files, guest-databases and son on with backup-files.

i also stopped every possible threaded service and stopped every service we didn't need.

so finally i ran out of ideas.

we run manila version 9.1b3 on a dedicated windows 2000 machine as our cms-server. the crash logs of dr. watson tell me that it's obvioulsy the same error andre radke believed to have solved by turning off the radioCommunityServer. but... we've never activated this functionality.

the problem is even worse because we are serving manila website to paying customers who are starting to be obset.

i consider this a dramatic failure because it's impossible for a single developer outside of userland as a company to solve this kind of problems.

so, help is more than appreciated !!!

- Thomas Fuerstner

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.