New Message: Frontier chrashing up to 100 times an hour

Brad Marsh research4 at snowcrest.net
Mon Aug 4 10:23:35 PDT 2003

Hello,

I have had this same problem. For a while, I thought I had it licked. I used
to have a static server (Apache, running on port 80 on a different machine)
serve my .js and .css files. When I changed it to run on port 90 of the same
machine (and changed all my pages to ask for it there), Frontier suddenly
stopped crashing.

Then, starting July 17, I added some other components to the web site (which
did not change how these files were served), and Frontier started crashing
again. I have since changed it so that all .js and .css files are served by
Frontier from an "include" table (a subtable of the main Manila site), but
this has not slowed down the crashes.

Another symptom I've noticed is that the system.temp.pageTableAddresses
fills up with entries - like, up to 60 or 70 - that stay there until
Frontier crashes. It's like Frontier is holding on to the pages and never
finishing the processing.

I have not noticed RAM or CPU usage increase radically (I have a dual CPU
machine with 1GB of RAM). CPU usage typically runs at 8% (first CPU, less
for the second), and I usually have ~650MB physical memory available. We're
averaging ~150k hits per month.

I just throwing this out as a data point...maybe it will help light the
lightbulb for one of you gurus. Pleeeeeeeze.

Cheers,

Brad Marsh