Importing .pdf and .doc files into Manila sites?

Hugh Nicoll hnicoll at miyazaki-mu.ac.jp
Mon Aug 25 16:59:32 PDT 2003

Ken,

You haven't mentioned whether you're using a Mac or a Windows server
and what version Frontier you're running, but the Gems settings can be
found in the control panel settings under Manila. I'm running Frontier
on a Mac, OS X, so my URL to access the Manila settings is in the form:

http://mysite.ac.jp:5336/controlPanel/settings$8

(For some reason, Safari cannot access these lower level settings
pages. I'm very happily using Mozilla Firebird 0.61 as my current
browser of choice.)

Under the Gems settings you can specify the folder (directory) for
gems, the space available for each site,  and the URL. I keep my Gems
folder on a secondary hard disk, which gives me the ability to
potentially host a large number of files for students using my Manila
sites in writing and literature classes.

Cheers,

Hugh