Importing .pdf and .doc files into Manila sites?

Ken Tompkins ken at loki.stockton.edu
Mon Aug 25 14:40:59 PDT 2003

>Hi Ken:
>
>I've uploaded my syllabi and other documents as .pdf or .docs, (also
>.rtf) through the gems facility. They have worked quite well. My
>students click and download rubrics, syllabi, notes, powerpoint
>presentations, etc. Upload the file through gems, assign a name and
>place the name in quotation marks in the page from which you want
>them to download. It should work nicely.
>
>What subject matter are you teaching?
>
>best,

N....

Thanks for the response.

I just realized that "gems" doesn't appear in my editors links. Not sure
why it doesn't and how it was -- if it was -- disabled. Is there some specific
place to enable it? I've been looking but haven't found it.

kt

                            Kenneth Tompkins
                        Professor of Literature
                  Richard Stockton College of NJ