size of some .root files

Peter Thirkell peter.thirkell at vuw.ac.nz
Fri May 2 15:14:40 PDT 2003

I'm surprised and a bit anxious about the size of various files associated
with hosting some Manila sites (especially config.root). They get a steady
amount of traffic but not huge volumes. The files of possible concern are:

Config.root          9.9 MB
ManilaWebsites.root 11.2 MB
Manila.root          7.9 MB
Frontier.root        5.7 MB

I host only two main Manila sites and maybe 20 "odds and ends" with very
small traffic.

For config.root in particular seems odd - is there a particular subTable
accumulating "stuff" that might be the culprit? Are there some settings or
flags that I should check (eg logging)? For the most part I don't use logs
so happy to turn most of them off.

Is there a reference page somewhere that summarises the various server and
related settings and flags?

Thanks any advice.

Peter Thirkell