Frontier-Users digest, Vol 1 #246 - 5 msgs

David A. Bayly dbayly at udena.ch
Tue May 13 09:14:43 PDT 2003

>>>  >I'm running Frontier 5.1.6 on Mac OS 9. When I publish a page in Frontier
>>>  >I would like to be able to send it to 2 places via FTP. One is our remote
>>>  >web server at our domain. The other is a eMac running OS X and Apache
>>>  >acting as our local intranet server. How and where would I set up the
>>>  >eMac's ftp information in Frontier? Right now the #ftpSite table for our
>>>  >webserver looks like this:
>>>
>>>An FTP table can have alternate FTP sub-tables for differently named
>>>templates, i.e. for each template a sub-folder in the #ftp folder with the
>>>same name will allow for an additional location.  It's called
>>>scalable content.
>>>
>>>http://frontier.userland.com/stories/storyReader$88
>
>Okay Back from vacation. I hope the thread won't be ignored.
>
>I tried this but I only use one template, the default modified. I
>made a copy of my default template, called it templateLocal and put
>in in the #templates subfolder. I then put a subtable in the ftpSite
>table called "templateLocal" with the all the necessary settings. As
>far as I can tell Frontier just ignores it. I'll fiddle with it some
>more but I'm stumped.

I have a patch from Matt Neuberg,  which was documented on the Dr
Matt pages, that Userland used to display but have now pulled, which
is needed for this. Take a look at http://www.tidbits.com/matt/ to
see who Dr MAtt is,

Its a bug fix to html.ftpTable; change the single calls to
html.callFileWriterStartup and  html.callFileWriterShutdown to

html.callFileWriterStartup (adrTable, adrPageTable, template);
«DrMatt 00/12/28, 12:31:42 by DAB

html.callFileWriterShutdown (adrTable, adrPageTable, template)
«drMatt 00/12/28, 12:31:50 by DAB

You might also do a  ritual complaint that Userland won't fix a bug
that was already old when I read the page and made this patch.

You'll find a lot of discussion on static rendering in Manila  on my
pages at  <http://www.baylys.com:8080/patchesbygroup/>  see
categories staticender and scalableContent

--

- David Bayly.       Programmer and digest reader.     dbayly at udena dot ch
  		Digest Readers do it once a day.