imageref question

Brian V Hughes brianvh at Dartmouth.EDU
Fri May 16 12:45:31 PDT 2003

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 03:12  AM, Christopher.Short at abare.gov.au
wrote:
> A simple site served out of a GDB is not serving (most) images
> correctly.
>
> I've loaded a couple of images into the #image table.
>
> Called the imageref macro - the html is generated correctly - but the
> image is not served - just a little red cross (sorry - no link because
> it's on an intranet).
>
> The site is served out of the ODB.
>
> I don't think it's a setting thing, since testing with {imageref
> ("space")} serves the space image.
>
> Any suggestions on what I should check for?

The first thing I would look at is the source of the HTML to verify
that the right URL path is being used to refer to the images. If so,
you need to follow the web server walk to figure out what it's
resolving to inside of Frontier when you request one of the images. I
usually do this by making a request for just the image, making sure
debugging is on so I get the pagetable saved.

When you say served "out of the ODB", I assume you are referring to a
mainResponder site, being served with the flRender pref set to true?
One other thing to check: have you set the imageExtensions pref to ""
in the top level #prefs table of your site?

-Brian