Frontier reporting 0K free memory when there is >2GB

Matt Mower mmower at novissio.com
Sat May 17 00:49:13 PDT 2003

Hi folks,

We have newly installed Frontier 9.0 on a Dell Poweredge server running
Windows 2000 Service Pack 3.  The server has 4 Xeon 2.4GHz cpu's and 3GB
of physical RAM (+5Gb page file).  Whilst it is also running IIS, JRun,
and Microsoft SQL server, the processors are all around 20-30% and only
~500Mb of memory is in use.

However Frontier consistently reports 0K free.  It does so both in the
about box and also on the server admin page.  At first I thought it was
an overflow error displaying a large number like 9Gb however we also got
runtime errors from Frontier (complaining that it is out of memory) when
we used search.  We have reinstalled & updated Frontier to no avail.

The server admins can't see anything amiss with the box and every other
app is running fine, only Frontier seems to have a problem.

Can anyone help us?

Regards,

Matt

----