New Message: Simple section 508 compliance issue

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri May 23 19:50:20 PDT 2003

By: Dan Mitchell (dan at mitchell.fhda.edu)

I have several Manila sites at my college. Just for fun today I ran them through the Bobby section 508 compliance test.

For the most part they passed with no serious problems. However, one item was flagged and apparently makes my sites out of compliance. It is the Search box that is added using the site search macro.

You'll see the issue if you test my main faculty site (http://faculty.deanza.fhda.edu/mitchelldan/) for 508 compliance (be sure to check the 508 radio button) at the Bobby site: http://bobby.watchfire.com/.

The report says that the text box for entering the search string is missing a LABEL attribute or some such thing. It looks like a matter of entering one line of code.

Dan

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.