New Message: Re: "Invalid Stream" for new story

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat Apr 3 19:23:09 PST 2004

By: Thomas A. Creedon (thomas at creedon.net)

Hello Matt,

/
When I submitted the story form, though, Frontier returned the error "invaild stream," on the classic blue page with the title "Dig We Must!!"
/

I don't recall seeing this kind of error message from Frontier. Can UserLand confirm that this is an error that could be seen?

/
I tried it in multiple browsers, all without success.
/

Try restarting the client computer. Mac I assume? Can you tell us more about the client computer?

Try from a different computer.

Is the story longer than 32 k? 64 k? If so, try breaking the story up into smaller pieces for the sake of testing. Take the first paragraph from the story to see if it works. If so, edit the story, add more, post. Long ago there where some size limits imposed by browsers and servers. My sense is that most of these issues had gone away, but you never know.

These are just some things to test to see if it can be determined where the error is happening.

Toodle-loooooooo..........
Thomas

editHere.com [1] website hosting service. "Websites as easy as see it, edit it, save it! SM"

[1] http://www.editHere.com/