New Message: Yikes. I've got root database issues.

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Apr 7 10:58:43 PDT 2004

By: Bruce Bartolf (bgbartolf at gensler.com)

Linking isn't working correctly. Here's the problem:
Running lastest manilla on Windows NT4.0 server with all latest service packs(8 way). Yes, I know, 8-way?! Don't ask. 3GB of RAM.

I want to use a picture. I'm managing editor of my site.
I go to pictures.
I upload a jpg.
I name it, say, mugshot.
It uploads fine.
I go to shortcuts. It's there.
I put the shortcut in a story, using double quotes.

When I click on the shortcut, I get this:

Sorry! There was an error: There is no folder or object database named "bartolf.root" in the folder "C:\Program Files\UserLand Frontier\Guest Databases\www\manila\".
The error was detected by Frontier 9.0 in mainResponder.respond.

What did I do wrong in setting this up? Looks like a rights issue?